The correct order of makeup application is important for ensuring a polished, natural-looking result. Here is a step-by-step guide to follow when applying makeup:
- Cleanse and moisturize your skin: Start with a clean, hydrated canvas by washing your face and applying a moisturizer. This will help your makeup go on smoothly and last longer.
- Apply a primer: Primer is a light, creamy product that helps to smooth out the texture of your skin, fill in pores, and create a barrier between your skin and your makeup. This will help your makeup go on more evenly and last longer.
- Apply foundation: Choose a foundation that matches your skin tone and apply it with a brush or sponge, starting at the center of your face and blending outwards. Be sure to blend the foundation down your neck to avoid a noticeable line.
- Conceal any blemishes or dark circles: Use a concealer that is slightly lighter than your skin tone to brighten up any dark areas or cover up blemishes. Apply the concealer with a brush or your finger, and blend well.
- Set your foundation and concealer with a powder: Use a loose or pressed powder to set your foundation and concealer. This will help your makeup stay in place and absorb any excess oil.
- Apply your eye makeup: Start by applying an eyeshadow primer to help your eyeshadow stay put. Next, apply a light eyeshadow shade all over your lid, followed by a medium shade in the crease of your eye. Finish by applying a darker shade along your upper and lower lash lines and blending everything together. Don’t forget to fill in your eyebrows!
- Apply mascara: Curl your lashes and then apply a coat of mascara to your upper and lower lashes.
- Apply blush: Smile and dab a small amount of blush onto the apples of your cheeks. Blend upwards and outwards towards your hairline.
- Apply lipstick or lip gloss: Finish your makeup look with a swipe of lipstick or lip gloss.
By following these steps in the correct order, you can achieve a natural and polished makeup look that lasts all day.